Friday, November 21, 2008

Great Expectation....

Oh goodness...

This time a week ago, I was thinking that life was going great. Things were exciting and fun and all that. I'm 22 years old. I'm excited about where my life is at. Do I feel that things are changing? Yes of course. I think there comes a time in your life that it's time to grow up and face the facts... Your life is right in front of you... So.... What are you going to do?!

Last Friday was hard in so many different ways. I realized last week that I am being separated out... You know the feeling when you just feel like you need to hide away and just let God work on you? That's what my life has been like. It's been hard but amazing all at the same time. 

What I've learned in this week is that it is so important to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit. I know a lot of times people think "that's such a Christianese term"...but I'm serious... I've never felt like my life depends on God more in my life. Here's the thing... I keep coming back to it... If God has spoken a word to you... Stick to it. No matter what. My challenge has been my family. A lot of my family members feel as though I am crazy for not having my life entirely planned out after VBI graduation. For me, I know what God has spoken to me for RIGHT NOW. I would rather hold on to that word than go searching for something else.... or rather, the momentary fulfillment of right now.... I don't want the momentary pleasures of life. I was a LIFETIME of fulfillment with GOD. I've found myself wondering if I have missed God's voice in the midst of my struggles... This is where Proverbs 3:5-6 comes into play: 

"TRUST in the Lord with all your HEART and LEAN NOT on your own understanding... In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS.... "

It would be so easy to just let go of what God spoke to me... It would be so easy to just run away and follow what EVERYONE else is telling me to do and telling me what is RIGHT for my life.... not true. I'm clinging to God more now than ever before and I'm not scared to stand for what I know is the RIGHT THING FOR ME. God is my great expectation.... He's the hope that I have.... He's the ONE THING THAT IS CONSTANT in my life right now... 

As an encouragement to you... Hold on... Hold on tight to what God has told you... Even when it's hard... Keep your vision... That will be what carries you through all the hard times.... 

1 comment:

Liz Turner said...

Loved your sweet words and hearing your heart! I totally know how you feel... I have been through many of those seasons and am entering one again. These times create such beauty in our lives as women. Here's to the incredible destiny that God ahs for your life. Lots of Love!