Thursday, February 26, 2009

::I Wish I were on American Idol::

Wow...
Talk about it being a long time since I've been on here... Life caught up with me... Ha ha! So busy! I have a confession to make...
And it reflects in the title of my entry....
I WISH I WERE ON AMERICAN IDOL....
No joke. First off, here's the thing... I don't follow many TV shows because I don't have time to watch TV, but there's this thing called Tivo... So I've been watching American Idol and my newest favorite is Survivor... Why? I don't know... but anyway...
As I was watching last night I was very disappointed. And my dad just cracks me up. As I was complaining about how the people were terrible and they just couldn't sing it right and blah blah blah.... My dad looked at me and said "Lindsay, You have no room to complain, because you had the chance to go and audition and you're good enough where you could've been on this show. You didn't. So don't complain. Pick someone and cheer them on." 
Wow...
Words like that really shake you. Not in a bad way, but as a way of checking myself. I have no room to be critical of someone else and their gift. I got my heart checked during American Idol! I'm a worship leader at one of the most amazing churches in Tulsa and I'm usually the one who is helping train others and saying "Don't let what someone else says about determine how you will lead. Just keep your head up. Watch your words..." And last night my dad hit it right on the head. I have no room to speak. It wasn't just about American Idol. Those people have no idea who I am, or what I'm saying about them, but it does apply to my life right now. It just caused me to check where my heart was at in everything. 
I have to share with you about one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Over the last few weeks I've had the incredible opportunity to record with a great friend and to be a part of a taping for a series of short shows for Victory. One of the most incredible things I've done. I got to do something that I love to do. Sing. I've always wanted to do that and I finally had the opportunity and it was incredible. It goes to show that God really does have bigger plans for you than any of the ones you could come up with. 

I know that this was random and all over the place... but its what's on my heart at this moment.... 


No comments: